This week is the second week of Ausmat. In English class, we discussed about a novel, ‘Boy tales of childhood’ by Roald Dahl. As usual, Mr. Derrick will ask our class about this and that but unfortunately there is no reply from us. Silent mode. Hihi. So, he found a solution to our change our “silent mode” to be more “proactive”. From this week, he will call about two or three names to answer his question. The one who couldn’t answer his question will write an essay-5 paragraphs long. huh.~ I had to answer his question today. I am cold (sitting under air conditioner) plus panic. My finger nails turned purple. I was very nervous at that moment because I was sitting in front of him. Nervously, I answered the question. Ohh yeah…! It was a correct answer. =)
It had been two years long I left my secondary school. Now I am a college student. I realized that there are many different between being a secondary school student and a college student. The similarity is just both require me to study to achieve a great results.
First of all, the vast different between being a college student and secondary school student is the environment of learning in the class. In college, the lecturer will do their job to teach the students. The choices either the students want to study seriously or not, it depends on them. I have to meet the lecturer and ask the thing that I don’t really understand. I have to stand on my feet. There is no spoon feed anymore like the one practice in the secondary school. I don’t have any specific reference book. I have to search the information on the net and the books at the library. I learn to be an independent woman.
As a college student, I have to discipline myself. There is no more teachers will angry and scold me when I didn’t finish my homework or sleeping in class. I have to be systematic and organize. Furthermore, I have only two classes every evening, so I have free time during the morning. I have to manage my time wisely, doing revision, homework, get enough sleep (as sleep is very important.haha) and enjoying my life as a teenager (shopping, playing around, travel around).
College is different from the school as the school has strict rules than the college. The simplest example is school uniform. In college I can wear anything I like as long as it is appropriate-sometimes I take a long time to think, ‘what should I wear today…huh…it will be easier if there is uniform….’. Haha.
The environment of college life makes me more mature and think beyond the box. I think the college life will be a great and memorable phase of my life.
15 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment